Monday, November 10, 2008

Where did the time go??

Sorry I've been MIA - things have been hectic around here and I just don't know where the time went. Work is really getting to me. I'm having a hard time juggling everything and having any spare moments to even think, let alone blog. I guess I can't be supermom and a superteacher at the same time. Something's bound to be half-assed, and right now it's definitely the teacher. My heart just is not in it for the first time since I started teaching. I would so much rather be home with my baby. But that ain't happenin, so let's move on, shall we?

Since I don't have much time these days, I'll give a quick rundown of what's been happening:
New foods for Alessia:
  • bananas - she loves them, but they don't love her.
  • green beans - did NOT like them at first. Actually gagged and puked (well the puking is Mark's fault. He made me give her another spoonful just so he could see her make a sour face, then she puked it all up) But after a few attempts and mixing it with brown rice cereal, she eats it.
  • carrots - yum! They're sweet, so of course she loved them
  • mangoes - these she just can't get enough of, probably because they taste like candy
  • oatmeal - prefers it to rice cereal
What she's doing:
  • sitting up on her own for long periods of time. She will actually sit and play with her toys. Until she starts getting nosy and looks around and...KABOOM! falls over.
  • a kind of military crawl, a few paces, then rolls over or "swims" on the floor
  • stands up holding onto the bars of her gymini - this is her absolute favorite. Sometimes she throws a fit if you don't let her stand up to play.
  • "walks" when you hold her under her arms. Actually puts one foot in front of the other and will walk for as long as you hold her.
  • making all sorts of sounds, and LOUDLY! She's been doing a lot of "singing" lately

um...I think that's about it! Now I should go do some real work *sigh* Is it June yet??

oh yea, I forgot, yay Obama!! As Oprah said, "Hope won". I'm so excited to bring Alessia up with a true example of "you can be whatever you want to be".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is hitting milestones all the time...Kaelin's diet is VERY limited lately, unfortunately!!