Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday part 2


I still can't believe my little gilr is one! Where did the time go?? I do have to admit, part of me was really upset on Tuesday, because I feel like I got jipped out of the past 7 months with her because I had to go back to work. But then we can't change that, so I just have to accept it and move on. I really would've liked to spend the day with her.

At least she LOVED the presents we got her: Green toys cookware set and Haba sticki blocks. She's been having a blast playing with them since she opened them. I was really impressed to see she can actually stack the blocks (they have pegs, kind of like a wooden version of Legos) I got them both from OompaToys, which I absolutely love. They have a great selection of natural and ecofriendly toys, and a ton of European toys. I think most of the stuff they create over in Europe is just so much more creative than the typical plastic crap we sell here. Mark ordered her an awesome walker from Plantoys, but it turned out to be backordered and won't come in until next week.


So proud - she actually goes for the card first! Here's Alessia enjoying her new toys:







She got a TON of clothes from both my parents and my inlaws, a couple of books from my nephews, a puzzle from my BIL and a bunch of Austrailian and New Zealand classic books and a miniature Kiwi bird.

We're still trying to figure out what to do about her birthday party. It was tentatively planned for the middle of June, partly because I want it outside at a park (ecofriendly theme), but mostly because my grandfather has been in and out of the hospital and rehab (basically a nursing home) for the past 4 1/2 months. He was taken home on Monday, but they had to bring him back to the ER today. I just don't know what to do. I feel a little differently than my family with regards to what is appropriate or inappropriate to do when someone is ill or worse. *sigh* I guess we'll continue to play it by ear. I don't have the energy to discuss it tonight.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Awe! It looks like she loves those toys. E can't wait to come and play. Those blocks are awesome. I would def. consider getting for Eliza...or baby number 2. I am so sorry about your grandpa. I know this is difficult situation for you.