Monday, October 6, 2008

Fun times

We have been very busy around here lately. Saturday, we went to a baby and toddler expo with Danielle and Eliza. It was fun, but a loooong drive, at least in my world. But the girls were fabulous and slept there and back. One major complaint about the expo: the entrance they told us to use was not stroller accessible! We ended up wearing the girls and lugging the strollers up the stairs. I don't know why we bothered bringing the strollers in...neither girl really stayed in them long. We just never learn! I was really looking forward to Deidre Imus' seminar on "growing up green", but it ended up being a disappointment. She started almost a 1/2 hour late, and spent most of the time just scaring the crap out of me with statistics about childhood chronic illnesses, cancers, etc, etc. (which I already know), then basically was just plugging her products and book. I was hoping for some practical info, like what I could start doing at home. So we bolted - it's not like the girls were really sitting there quietly anyway. Then we made it to the expo floor, and I have to say I was a little disappointed at the lack of freebies or samples. Just mailing lists. Although I did end up winning a discount on a sitting with a professional photographer (which I'll never use) and Eliza was a finalist in the cutest baby contest.

Yesterday we went apple and pumpkin picking with the inlaws and Danielle, Pete and Eliza. Although the weather was yucky, cool and wet in the morning, we had a fun time. Got a few apples (time to learn how to make apple sauce for Alessia - any good recipes?) and a lot of great shots. Here are my faves:




4 comments:

Danielle said...

IT was so much fun. The girls looked adorable.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fall pumpkin pics!! And her hat is adorable!!

christy said...

The picture are precious.

Dana said...

glad you had fun!