Tuesday, September 2, 2008


I'll make this short, because I'm exhausted and going to head off to bed shortly. We survived my first day back at work, but not without some drama and a major WTF moment. Alessia woke up at 4:15 to eat, then my alarm went off 15 min later - oh what a joy it is to wake up so early :o( Everything went smoothly - I'll spare you the details of my new morning routine - and my little sticky notes throughout the house helped out. At 6:05, I went up to wake up my pupa and get her into Mark's car. No prob. She was happy and smiley and curious as to what was going on. I gave her a kiss and was proud that I had broken down again. Then I go to open my car door - here's the WTF moment - the door handle looked a little odd. It took me a moment to realize what was wrong. The keyhole cover-thingy (yes that's the technical term) was gone and the lock was exposed. Someone tried to break into my car during the night. Right outside the front door of my building. And I don't even live in a crappy area! And my car isn't even the nicest or most expensive in our development or even our lot! I didn't have anything valuable in there except maybe my EZPass. The creep didn't succeed in getting in and taking anything, but damaged my door while trying to bump the lock. What kind of asshole would break into a car with 2 carseats in the back?! Why??!! And why today of all days??!! Words can't expressed how freakin pissed off and upset I was. Mark stayed behind to call the cops to file a report and I had to take his car and drop Alessia off at my mom's. And that was horrible. I was an emotional wreck, and she just kept crying. My parents met me in the driveway to take her out of the car, because I just couldn't do it. Of course I started balling, called Mark and cried that I didn't want to go back to work. I cried about half of the way there, until Mark changed the subject to my car. Then I spent the rest of the time cursing out the MFer for messing with my car and making me feel violated.
Work went fine - I still have a ton to do tomorrow morning before my students arrive. Alessia had a great time with my mom and didn't seem to miss me at all (as my father so nicely pointed out to me). At least she's dealing with this well. I hope I get better at it.
Okay, off to bed to dream about sweet revenge if I ever find that creep that ruined my morning and my car.
So much for a short post.


Danielle said...

I felt so bad! That is a true WTF! moment. It can only get better.

Dana said...

danielle told me... I feel horrible...